In Product Management and Marketing roles I have led major initiatives from strategic roadmaps, product launches, major brand campaigns, app developments, and ecommerce platforms during 12 years in the publishing industry.
Summary of Qualifications
- Lead a product development team of three and a project team of fifty across multiple international locations.
- A wealth of experience in Product Management and Marketing.
- Create and implement long-term strategic roadmaps for websites and apps.
- A confident communicator.
Elsevier | 2015 – Present
- Managed the development pipeline for a journal publishing platform, featuring over 700 academic journals.
- Led the A/B testing team for a data-driven approach to feature development.
- Managed development of customer focused features including improving accessibility to WCAG 2.0 standards, user feedback programs, and ecommerce improvements.
Senior Product Manager & Product Manager
Cell Press | 2012 – 2015
- Led a Product Management team of three.
- Created a strategy to increase commercial revenue from $6m to $10m in three years with a focus on digital products.
- Full site redesign and migration leading to:
- 30%-100% increases in usage of publications.
- Industry leading NPS score.
- Over 400% increase in conversions to commercial products.
- Managed development of multiple apps with 10k’s of users.
“He consistently impresses with his calm ability to deal with problems as they arise, engage all members of the team, and lead with a clear and focused vision.”
Rhiannon Macrae, Editor, Trends in Genetics
“Dave’s ability to communicate a vision, delegate tasks, and lead a team has been immensely helpful in his current role as Senior Product Manager.”
Mary Beth O’Leary, Marketing and Publicity Manager, Elsevier
Cell Press | 2011 – 2012
- Launched Cell Press’s fastest growing journal with record submissions and article views.
- Created a social media strategy that grew social reach by 100,000’s of readers.
- Represented Cell Press worldwide at industry conferences and by speaking at industry events.
- Supported the sales team via creation of online media kits and product marketing.
“Dave is easily the best Marketing Manager I have worked with. We worked on several website projects over 2 years. He is detail oriented, extremely knowledgeable and a thorough professional.”
Reshma Mehta, User Experience, CloudPhysics
Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Associate
Focal Press | 2008 – 2011
- Early adopter of social media and content-based marketing.
- Millions of video views of product tutorials on YouTube.
- Launched multiple blogs featuring book content.
- Managed three ecommerce platforms for Focal Press, Syngress, & Morgan Kauffman.
- Optimized product records on third party platforms to highlight key features & benefits, improve SEO, and increase sales.
“He is professional, smart, capable, and carries knowledge that every business needs. I highly endorse him. He is always a step ahead of the game.”
Cara Anderson St.Hilaire, Product Team Manager, Cengage Learning
“Dave is a true joy to work with! His pleasant personality, quick wit and sense of humor, and true dedication and passion for his work make a combination that can’t be beat!”
Angelina Ward, Social Business Strategist, Elsevier
Focal Press | 2006 – 2008
I supported the Acquisitions Editor for Focal Press’s audio engineering books, managing 20 titles at once from contract to publication. This included a successful rebrand of the products for each customer segment (musicians, engineers, producers etc.)
Customer Services Advisor
Elsevier | 2004 – 2006
For two years I managed customer relationships with booksellers across Europe with a focus on accounts in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Germany.